Monday, February 12, 2007




Well, it seems time just flys and you don't even realize it!

Not much to report. Still walking and trying to get a bit more healthy, but as most things that to has slowed down. I think it is the cold and gloomy weather that does that; at least I hope that is the case.

It seems that sad things just keep happening. My good friend Connie lost her Uncle who was her mother's brother. It just dug up bad bad memories for Connie. My mother in law had a heart attack which will increase her need for Assisted Living; losing her independence is hard. My Aunt is in her last days of cancer; they have called in Hospice and she is not taking any more treatments. My friend Michelle is in turmoil and need prayers. My friend Cathy is struggling with her own grief over the loss of her dear sweet Lou. Sometimes all this just makes your head spin and you wonder "where can I jump off." However, somehow with the grace of God we survive.

Hopefully Spring is just around the corner!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where can I jump off??

That sums it up pretty well. Didn't we just have groundhog's day? I think I'm the groundhog, and although I long for spring, I just hid in my hole and sentenced myself to six more weeks of dreary winter!

But, ahhh....baseball season is just around the corner. The sun peeked out for a bit today, giving us a preview...

You are wise my friend, it does get better, if we just hang on.

Love you...

Laura said...

Thank you again for offering such wonderful comments regarding my sermon. It means so much to know how the words God speaks through me reach others. I pray that, in time, you will be able to return to church and that the experience will offer you the continued healing your heart needs.