Sunday, August 27, 2006

Prayers


*****URGENT UPDATE******************************************************************
Down below I talk about Cathy and Lou who are walking this journey as I wrote this. However, I have learned today Lou is nearing the end so please pray hard for peace for Lou for Cathy for their two boys and all their family and friends.
************************************************************************************


Well, during this last year one thing that has gotten me through these lonely days without my dad is my connection to Cambridge Families that I don't even know. I was connected to Cambridge through Michelle Meyer's website for her husband Dave. Since starting to read these journals and actually following these families I have become connected to these real people. So many of these families are really hurting right now and need prayer and so if you read this journal I ask you to take a moment and pray with your whole heart and soul for these families . . . .

Kari Terry is a young woman who three months ago lost her young husband and father to her four children. She now walks a path by herself with no companion. She writes about how terribly lonely she is, how she misses her partner. Her youngest celebrates his bithday this past weekend and turned 7 and now is fatherless. She struggles everyday with lonliness. Please pray for her and if you have time please visit her website and leave her encouragement she needs it.
www.caringbridge.org/mn/kevinterry/

Cathy Burres currently is walking the road of brain tumor with her dear husband Lou. She lives with Lou and supports her two sons as she knows what lies ahead. She knows that Lou is not getting better she knows he isn't going to survive. She also knows she has to have the strength to get through this. Some days she doesn't know if she can get through another day. Please pray for strength for her, please pray for peace for Lou, please pray for their sons, please just pray for them.
Click Here: Check out "Lessons from Lou"
http://lessonsfromlou.blogspot.com

I followed little Jacob Duckworth a young child, one of a set of triplets died from cancer and on that same day another family lost there young son WIll to cancer as well. Both of those families have to just get up and keep going because they have other children to take care of. Pray for these families because they need your prayer.

Back severl months ago Cheri Schuppert lost her husband and in that same week another young woman lost her husband John and a mother lost her 23 year old son Eric. All of this happened in one week. All from cancer. All too early.

This week Michelle Meyer and her three children remembered their husband/father who left them one year ago. If Michelle had not lost more than she needed when 17 years ago her and Dave lost their first born son Kyle she then lived through Dave's illness and later lost him. She is now lonely and left to raise their three beautiful children. The only thing I can think is that Kyle really needed his Dad. I can't believe there was anyother reason to take Dave. Pray for Michelle, Kenny, Zack and Kate.

I could not be complete without mentioning my mom, who lost her soul mate, my father on May 5, 05. She is lost, lonely and has every feeling each of these people I mentioned feel. Although she had a much longer life with him she still feels so empty. I spoke with my father every night and now I can't not the way I am use to. When I had problems or needed answers I still went to my dad and now I can't and it aches. People said it would get better after a year -- it didn't and it doesn't I just miss him more. Please pray for my mom

So I guess my reason for writing on this topic is that there are so many people who are hurting, so many people who need prayers, so much pain. Although I feel like I am the only one missing my dad so much there are so many other people hurting. If you know someone who has lost someone please remember to pray for them, please remember to care about them and please don't forget to remember they hurt no matter if it has been 1 day or 19 years because that kind of hurt doesn't go away . . . . . . never ever!

Besides Praying Kenny Meyers collects ink cartridges to send off and all the proceeds are going to fight CANCER. So particpate in this process and fight this deadly disease that takes many more people than I know of or you know of. Save the pain so many have felt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sue,
It was very kind that you mentioned me and all of these other families for prayers even though you are dealing with your own pain and your own loss. It doesnt matter if its a spouse, friend, child, sibling or a parent; it still all hurts. You looked to your dad for guidance and love just as the kids and I did with Kevin. So I will be saying prayers for you, your mom and all of these other families who are struggling with the pain of losing someone they love.