Wednesday, August 02, 2006


REASONS TO SMILE . . . .

Although, there is so much heartache left from the death of my father it is also hard not to smile when thinking of our first born grandchild, Ciara. I was so happy to get some real quality time with her. She brings much happiness to me, to her greatgrandma, her aunt and her mom. My father was a "girls" guy; nothing made him more proud than his girls. I remember in November 05 when Morgan and I flew to Phoenix for a week (Heather was already there going to nursing school) and he took us out to this very expensive steak house and he made a toast "to all my favorite girls." He was in the best minutes of his life when he was surrounded by all of us. Both times I got pregnant he wanted nothing but "girls." I think he would have loved them even if they were boys but to hear him talk, I don't know. So I know that he is now smiling down on his greatgranddaughter Ciara who adds to his favorite girls. Many times in the past two weeks when we were in Phoenix my mother would pass by his ashes and say "you would love to be here" and indeed he would have. So blessing to God for sending us yet another generation of "girls" for my dad.

1 comment:

CB said...

What a darling girl! Yes, your dad would be so happy with all his girls, but you know, he is, isn't he? He's watching over all of you, and smiling away!

I've got my two girls too, my great nieces. They light up our lives, I am sooooo grateful for them, especially now. Especially now. There is nothing like holding their little hands, kissing those cheeks, brushing the hair. Thank heavens' for little girls!

Cathy B.
www.lessonsfromlou.blogspot.com