Saturday, May 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad




5/31/1931 - 5/4/2005




Francis J. "Lou" LaLumiere




Oh I remember the day that you left us like yesterday. I was so blessed to have made it from Walla Walla to Arizona in time to spend 5 days with you before you left us. I was there at the end when you took your last breadth. I would not trade it for a moment.




During your life time you accomplished so much but most of all you were a wonderful husband to mom; she misses you more than life. You were the best dad to me and Michael and not a moment goes by in a day I don't miss you. A lot of daughters are not as lucky as I to consider their fathers to be their best friends but I was a lucky one. It was my pleasure to provide you with your two special granddaughters; Heather and Morgan. They were what made your heart tick and you were everything to them. They miss you too!
You were the best -- we remember you today on your special day. Happy Birthday

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

I am so sorry you are missing your special dad on his birthday ... it sounds like he was an amazing man ... I will be thinking of you as you think of him and of course miss him terribly! Thank you for sharing ...

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Unknown said...

Wow, Sue....a beautiful, heartfelt post. I know your Dad can hear you. I just know it. I know he's proud of you and your girls. You've carried on so well, Sue, honoring his memory every day, in everything that you do. He left a legacy of love for all of his girls. In that, you are blessed. Happy Birthday up there! Love, Shell

jbaj said...

I came here from Mo's blog. I just have to tell you I lost my Dad on May 4th 2002 - which I guess is why I was inspired to write to you. I miss him so much. I worked with him for 20 years and there was no one I admired more. I can truly understand your anguish...