Thursday, October 02, 2008

Favorite FOTO Friday #59 - Summer Memories

Although it pushes the Summer Season a bit the weather said it was still summer so here you go ............

Well our eldest daughter, Heather, visited Walla Walla from Sept. 18 to Sept. 23 with her husband, Will, and our granddaughter Ciara. They came as my 50th Birthday Gift and what a gift it was. I have choosen some pics from the visit randomly because I am not so good at this blogging stuff. Sit back and enjoy our family as much as we enjoyed having them visit. We can't wait to see them in Arizona when we travel there for Christmas.


\ Ciara has had a full day and zonked out in the car :) I can tell it was Sunday because she has her football jersey on.

We traveled to our cabin up Mill Creek to pick blackberries. A time Heather remembers as a child. I wasn't so excited but once we were all up there it brought back great memories when Tom, Heather and I became a family back in 1989 and this was something we did almost every Fall weekend.

Mom and daughter remembering the old days.



The old cabin.
Isn't our eldest daughter beautiful? She is a nurse now and we are so proud of her


We celebrated my birthday at a party hosted by my good friend Susan and her spouse and it was attended by an overwhelming number of friends and family. Although I said "NO CAKE" here it is.


Here is what 50 candles do . . . . . . .


One of my daughter's first stops was to go visit Grandpa Clark's gravesite and take him flowers. She loved "Papa Swede."


We walked downtown and hit the farmer's market.


We gathered as a family and celebrated my birthday again with my great niece Emmaleigh who celebrated her 12th birthday. Few candles.


All the greatgrandkids with Grandma; She has her eyes on Ciara. This was great fun for her.

Great Uncle Mike was a hit with Ciara . . . .

The cousins . . . .Heather, Sarah and Ciara


More family shots


This is the sweet girl we miss so much. She warmed our beds, she kept us busy and she warmed our hearts more than she will ever know. Thank you Rucker's for making this trip to Walla Walla.
Love, Mom/Grandma

6 comments:

Graycesmomma said...

Great pictures!

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, Sue! It was great to see pictures of your family. Your granddaughter is adorable - and I so admire your daughter for being a nurse!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

Love all the summer memory photos!!!!! Your grandaughter is just a doll!

Hugs,leslie

Tricia said...

Such great pictures!!

What a super summer full of memories!

Debbie said...

What special summer memories!! I turne 50 this year too!! Just last month!

Great pictures!!

Debbie

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family. I'm glad you got to take a minute to feel that joy, that pride. You are such a wonderful mother, the best grandma and a precious friend. If you receive back half of what you give to others, you'll be a blessed woman, indeed. I'm grateful to have you in my life. Hugs, Shell