Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Good Memories



This reminds me of good times with my father . . . . . .This was taken on a trip that we took to the beach with Mom, Dad, both girls and Tom and I. We all had such fun and it was always important for my father to experience all he could with his two granddaughters, his son, his daughter and his wife. He was a true family man.

My mom made me a beautiful album of pictures of my dad when he was young, middle age and old, pictues of him and my mom, pictures of us as a young family, pictues of dad and his granddaughters. It is a beautiful picture album that I will treasure for the rest of my life but for now it remains mostly unopened because it makes tears flow too easily. . . . . .

A FATHER MEANS...
A Father means so many things...
A understanding heart,
A source of strength and of support
Right from the very start.
A constant readiness to help
In a kind and thoughtful way.
With encouragement and forgiveness
No matter what comes your way.
A special generosity and always affection, too
A Father means so many things
When he's a man like you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sue that album will be very special in years to come. I opened and read my mothers death cert. for the first time last week. Mom died in 1993 it took me that long to read it. I knew when my sister sent it to me what it was so I never did open it. For some reason last week seemed the right time. Every first is hard. You will know the right time to enjoy it.

CB said...

Hi Sue,

I love that picture! Your dad sounds like such a wonderful man. I'm sure your mom is glad you are there. My mom is now HERE for 3 weeks. It's good to have her here so I can keep my eye on her!
Hope you are staying cool somehow...cleaning ovens does NOT count!